Friday, April 19, 2013

It is 3 AM in the morning. Not slept in enthusiasm and anxiety of the 5th dance festival. As we rolled the day I just smelled the fragrance of dance movements all around me coming from different corners of the World. The beauty of dance is invariably the most beautiful thing on the face of Earth. Being both physical and psychological and some time spiritual it always yielded a deep sense of satisfaction.

This weekend's dance festival is a great success on the part of all Indian population of St. Louis, which is getting together to present this beautiful festival, showcases its traditional dances - such as - Bharathanatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Mohini Attam, Odissi. This year new addition of two more dance styles - Manipuri and Sattriya makes the St. Louis Indian Dance Festival more richer. Although, we miss Kathakali, we have its brother art-form from Karnataka - Yakshagana.

All the artists celebrate their wizardry and will definitely spell bound the audience.

A special group of Odissi dancers - 11 of them - is a special treat to eyes.

Well time has come to enjoy the beauty of human mind and body through highly sophisticated movement and story telling.

I will be clebrating the spirit of dancing with my co-musicians in my new production - "Te na vina ...Trunam api na chalati" . I feel nothing moves for me without dancing....

I am going to sit and watch this beauty... Are you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment